SCHAUMBURG, IL (August 2018) — The ACU-RITE MILLPWR G2 control is today’s easiest-to-operate CNC for vertical knee mills, and a configuration for bed mills with AC motors will soon be released. To be on display at IMTS (September 10-15) in Chicago, this newest version promises to open more opportunities for ACU-RITE distributors.
At IMTS in booth # 135226, visitors will see the MILLPWRG2 in action on a bed mill in the ACU-RITE section of the HEIDENHAIN booth. This system will be digitally connected to a larger monitoring system via HEIDENHAIN’s new StateMonitor software, as part of a demonstration of connectivity including approximately 10 machine tools throughout the exhibition halls.
Important features of this new configuration will include:
- AC motors allows for larger motor specifications for bed-type mills.
- New console hardware and electrical cabinet that houses all the interface of AMI along with the servo amplifiers housed in one enclosure. ACU-RITE left room in the cabinet for customers that want to mount the spindle inverter into the G2 cabinet.
- Software enhancements specifically related to this new configuration.
- A remote hand wheel to be part of the standard package.
- Optional linear encoders.