Release of Version R6 for use with Consoles ID#1113777-NN only
This is ACU-RITE’s sixth major release of software and includes some very exciting and anticipated features. Please see below for a sample of what is offered. A full list can be retrieved in the release notes posted on the ACU-RITE website.
- R6 cannot be installed unless you have R5SP1 installed first. If you have previous version of software such as R1, R2, or R3 SPx (release 1, release 2, or release 3 with any service pack), download and install R4 SP4 prior to updating to R5.
- Due to the enhanced features of release 5, it has become necessary to restructure the console’s hard drive. USB Recovery Drive ID# 680480-04 is now included in Recovery Drive Kit ID# 1127022-01 which supports all G2 consoles and all software versions to date or planned for the near future. This new recovery drive includes an option for resizing the control’s hard drive partitions. This must only be performed on current consoles (ID#1113777-NN) that are running software release 4 service pack 4 (R4 SP4). Please ensure the console is updated to this release prior to restructuring the drive and installing release 5 (R5). Hard drive restructuring is required on these consoles prior to the upgrade to release 5 (R5).
- R6 includes new and improved program simulation graphics. Resolution has been increased so three dimensional solid models more closely resemble a CAD/CAM solid model. See Figures 1 and 2.
- A new 2D Solid View now greatly enhances two-dimensional representation and toolpath simulation. See Figure 3.
- Solid tool representation is now possible in 2D and 3D Line View graphics to aid visually when multiple depth passes are made, as well as to more easily verify correct tool compensation offsets. The new “Tool” feature in the VIEW dialogue will show or hide the solid tool in any available view mode. See Figure 4.
- New off-line programming software for Windows computers. The software is now the same as the actual hardware. The new format operates within an included Oracle VirtualBox platform. See Figure 5.
Users can download the new R6 software release update free of charge. If you wish to purchase the software and operation manual from ACU-RITE, contact your authorized dealer to place an order.